Bachelor of Arts in Design & Production
May 2007 | GPA 3.7
Premiere, Final Cut, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft Office, iWork, Cinema 4D, Audition, Soundtrack, DVD Studio, WordPress
IN THE WORKS
I am in the process of applying for a Masters in Human Computer Interaction at IUPUI (night courses).
A website that will inform people of the environmental issues facing Indiana. Due for launch in spring 2012.
A wedding film company I am helping start that focuses on artistic wedding stories.
I am a husband to my wife, Wendy, and a father to our 3-month-old baby boy, Dylan.
I would rather ride than drive, and often ride to work. I also participate in sprint triathlons every summer.
I play every sport I can find the time for including soccer, hockey, football, basketball, and ultimate.
Nothing is as rewarding as growing and preparing sustainable food for my family.
My mission is to craft beautiful and powerful brands using video, photography, and graphic design to create a positive emotional reaction and connection between the user and business. My intention is to fully understand the goals of the business in order to achieve the most effective user experience.
Cantaloupe | Video Producer | Indianapolis, IN, 2007-Current
• Produce, shoot, and edit video stories that connect the viewers with the client in a meaningful and effective way
• Organize and manage over thirty client accounts, interacting with each to construct the best strategies to reach their goals
• Lead workshops for the production team to expand the company’s skill set and refine processes
• Developed the HTML, CSS, and WordPress integration for the new website
Craftedspoon | Co-Founder | Indianapolis, IN, 2010-Current
• Craft valuable and artistic videos that capture the spirit of the local food movement
• Create and maintain all web assets including videos, photographs, graphics, and copy
• Develop new website features and functionality to enhance the visitor’s experience
• Administrate social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo, Flickr, and YouTube
Freelance | Designer & Videographer | Indianapolis, IN, 2009-Current
• Communicate and collaborate with clients to obtain a valuable final product
• Lead a team of videographers to capture all of the necessary footage during a client shoot
• Deliver projects on tight deadlines
IWFM Video Series | Craftedspoon | Indianapolis, IN, 2011
• Devised the idea to have a video series featuring vendors at the Indy Winter Farmers Market
• Produced a video each week about a vendor at the farmers market and sent it out in their newsletter
• Created a video about the farmers market and wrote an article to be featured in IndySpectator
Verizon Wireless Promotion | Cantaloupe | Indianapolis, IN, 2011
• Formulated an interesting style of video in order to present information that educated employees about a new promotion for customers
• Created the storyboard, script, and drawings for the video
• Animated the drawings and other video elements together in a fun and easy to understand format
Carpet Concepts Website | Freelance | Indianapolis, IN, 2011
• Designed and developed a new website that better communicates the company’s brand and what they offer
• Produced a video to showcase their process and product, uploaded it to YouTube, and placed it on their website for prospective customers to view
• Integrated the site with WordPress for easy updating and room to include a blog